A Building and Construction Cert 4 can lead to a job in as an on-site builder, foreman, manager or administrator. If you are interested in pursuing a career in the building and construction industry or working your way up the ladder, read on to learn more about a Building and Construction Cert 4.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN A BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION CERT 4?
A Building and Construction Cert 4 will teach you everything you neeed to know to become successful in construction.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and apply all building codes and standards to your work.
- Follow all Work Health and Safety procedures and understand all your legal requirements.
- Supervise work and staff on a construction site.
- Prepare, read and interpret simple building sketches and plans.
- Create and follow on-site procedures.
- Minimising waste on a construction site.
On top of that, you’ll then have your choice of which elective best suits your personal needs and work goals, such as:
- Preparing and administering contracts.
- Identifying and estimating the cost for project.
- Scheduling and ordering labour and materials.
- Selecting, procuring and storing construction materials.
- Preparing and evaluating tender documentation.
- Applying quality management techniques.
- Applying risk management techniques.
- Using building science principals to construct energy efficient buildings.
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OPTIONS FOR A BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION CERT 4?
You can learn either face to face on the Gold Coast or online at your own pace (or a combination of the two). We also offer Recognition of Prior Learning.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED FOR BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION?
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- A serious attitude towards health and safety.
- Skilled at working with your hands.
HOW MUCH DO BUILDERS MAKE IN AUSTRALIA?
The average salary range for a builder in Australia is $65,000 to $170,000, depending on your position and level of experience.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO DO A BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION CERT 4?
Some courses will set you back upward of $10,000 but at Prepare Training our fee is $5,600 (and Fee help and funding may be available)
Completing a Building and Construction Cert 4 will provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to begin or further your career in the construction industry. The qualification is nationally recognised, meaning that it will be recognised by employers all over Australia. After completing the Building and Construction Cert 4 you will be eligible to apply for a builder’s license in most states and territories of Australia.