WORK HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
WHS Manager Course
As A WHS Manager, WHS Coordinator or Senior Advisor your primary role is as the champion of Work Health & Safety objectives set for your workplace or construction site.
Elevate your career as a Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Manager with our comprehensive WHS Manager Course.
You are required to help in the development and management of the WHS management plan and systems that underpin the processes and procedures for safe work on your site(s) and to review, assess and improve these systems so the remain relevant to an ever-evolving workplace and workforce.
Acquire the essential skills and knowledge necessary to excel in leading and managing workplace safety initiatives. Learn from experienced instructors, engage in practical training, and develop the expertise required to become a proficient WHS Manager.
Is This Pathway For You?
Are you an experienced WHS Advisor, Health & Safety Representative or Co-Ordinator?
Do you have an interest in improving the systems of work around you and developing efficiencies that improve the health and safety outcomes of your workplace?
If this sounds like you, the Diploma of Work Health & Safety may provide you with the skills and confidence you need to move your construction safety career to the next level.
- Work Health & Safety Manager
- Work Health & Safety Co-ordinator
- Senior Work Health & Safety Advisor
- Senior Work Health & Safety Officer
- BSB51319 – Diploma of Work Health & Safety
OUR COURSES ARE RECOGNISED BY
Our Courses are Recognised by
Diploma of Work Health & Safety
This training course has been developed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to work as a Work Health & Safety Manager within the construction industry or industries and workplaces where the application of the WHS Act and Regulation 2011 is relevant.
Blended learning: online and face-to-face delivery required for training and assessment.
$2,700 (Fee help and funding may be available)
Theoretical assessment done online, with access to worksite resources required for observation assessments.
Site access is determined by the students location and will be confirmed with the RTO prior to enrolment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (Using your current skills and experience)
- BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
Core Competency Units:
- BSBWHS513 – Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 – Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 – Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 – Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 – Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS431 – Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWHS512 – Contribute to Managing Work-Related Psychological Health and Safety
- BSBWHS514 – Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS517 – Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS520 – Manage implementation of emergency procedures
Candidates entering this course are required to:
- complete the core units of competency from the Certificate IV of Work Health & Safety as a prerequisite and
- have a sound level of English and Mathematics understanding.
It is also recommended that candidates:
- hold, or plan to obtain upon enrollment, a current construction white card (to allow access to site)
- WHS Manager
- WHS Co-Ordinator
- Senior WHS Advisor
Book a 15-Minute Consultation
Speak to one of our experts, to help you find
the right construction pathway for you!
Discover the pathway that matches your interests and goals, and explore the diverse opportunities available in the construction industry.
Management & Operations
From Estimating to Contracts Administration and Project Management. Learn how to support a construction project from start to finish
Building (All Levels)
Learn how to manage and build construction projects of all types and classes
Work Health Saftey
Lead from the front a learn to manage
Health and Safety at every level
Take the 30-Second
Find the construction training that best suits your career goals.