WORK HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
WHS Advisor Course
The role of a WHS Advisor, Officer or Representative is one of teamwork and leadership.
Take a significant step towards a rewarding career as a Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Advisor with our comprehensive WHS Advisor Course.
The training you receive from Prepare as a WHS Advisor will help you navigate the key characteristics of a successful WHS practitioner within the construction industry giving you the confidence to apply the WHS duties of both the business and the worker within the context of building and construction.
Finding safe solutions to complex construction tasks, communicating complex information, recording risk management processes and developing WHS plans to be instrumental in each and every construction worker on your site arriving with a safety focus and leaving work in good health at the end of their shift.
Gain the essential skills and knowledge needed to excel in ensuring workplace safety and compliance. Learn from experienced instructors, engage in practical training, and acquire the expertise required to become a certified WHS Advisor.
Is This Pathway For You?
Are you a solution focused person who is always keen to find a smarter and safer way to work?
Are you a good communicator that can present complex information in a way that people can understand and use the information to work safely?
Do you have a great work ethic, an eagerness to learn and expand your understanding of WHS legislation and its role within the construction industry?
- Work Health & Safety Officer.
- Health Safety & Environment Advisor
- Work Health & Safety Advisor
- Health & Safety Representative
- BSB41419 – Certificate IV of Work Health & Safety
OUR COURSES ARE RECOGNISED BY
Our Courses are Recognised by
Certificate IV of Work Health & Safety
This training course has been developed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to work as a Work Health & Safety Practitioner, Advisor or Officer within the construction industry or other industries and workplaces where the application of the WHS Act and Regulation is relevant.
Blended learning: online and face-to-face delivery required for training and assessment.
$2,700 (Fee help and funding may be available)
Theoretical assessment done online, with access to worksite resources required for observation assessments.
Site access is determined by the students location and will be confirmed with the RTO prior to enrolment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (Using your current skills and experience)
Core Competency Units:
- BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 – Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 – Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 – Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBWHS417 – Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418 – Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS431 – Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWRT411 – Write complex documents
- BSBWHS513 – Lead WHS Risk Management
There are no prerequisite qualifications to commence this course however candidates must have a sound level of English and Mathematics understanding.
It is also recommended that candidates:
- hold, or plan to obtain upon enrollment, a current construction white card (to allow access to site)
- hold a minimum year 10 education level
- are minimum 16 years of age
- WHS Officer
- WHS Co-Ordinator
- WHS Advisor
Book a 15-Minute Consultation
Speak to one of our experts, to help you find
the right construction pathway for you!
Discover the pathway that matches your interests and goals, and explore the diverse opportunities available in the construction industry.
Management & Operations
From Estimating to Contracts Administration and Project Management. Learn how to support a construction project from start to finish
Building (All Levels)
Learn how to manage and build construction projects of all types and classes
Work Health Saftey
Lead from the front a learn to manage
Health and Safety at every level
Take the 30-Second
Find the construction training that best suits your career goals.