Open Builder course
Managers of construction projects at the highest level are required to lead from the front. The go to person on any construction site, the site manager or foreman is responsible for having the answers to the construction questions or knowing where to find them.
Working closely with your contractors and project management team you are the leader of the front line and the key player in your team’s ability to build a safe, high quality and successful construction project.
Discover the possibilities of a career in construction with our comprehensive Open Builder Course. Gain the essential skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the industry. Learn from experienced instructors, engage in hands-on training, and explore cutting-edge tools and techniques. Unleash your potential as an open builder.
Is This Pathway For You?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ then you could be a candidate for CPC60220 – Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (management).
- Open Builder
- Open Builder Supervisor
- Construction Manager
- Construction Project Manager
- Construction Site Manager
- Construction Site Foreman
- CPC60220 – Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
OUR COURSES ARE RECOGNISED BY
Our Courses are Recognised by
Advanced Diploma of Building & Construction (Management)
This qualification is a minimum technical requirement for QBCC license for ‘Open Builder’ class licence and has been designed to develop the skills and knowledge of students in the construction and management of class 2 – 9, type A & B construction projects.
Blended learning: online and face-to-face delivery required for training and assessment.
$7,500 (Fee help and funding may be available)
Theoretical assessment done online, with access to worksite resources required for observation assessments.
Site access is determined by the students location and will be confirmed with the RTO prior to enrolment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (Using your current skills and experience)
Core Competency Units:
- BSBWHS516 – Contribute to Developing, Implementing & Maintaining an Organisation WHS Management Systems
- CPCCBC6001 – Apply Building Codes & Standards to the Construction Process for Large Building Projects
- CPCCBC6003 – Establish, maintain and review contract administration procedures and frameworks.
- CPCCBC6018 – Manage processes for complying with legal obligations of a building and construction contractor
- BSBOP504 – Manage Business Risk
- CPCCBC6007 – Develop, plan and implement building and construction environmental management processes
- CPCCBC6009 – Develop, plan and implement a building and construction planning process
- CPCCBC6014 – Apply structural principles to the construction of large, high-rise and complex buildings
- CPCCBC6016 – Assess construction faults in large building projects
- CPCCBC6017 – Evaluate services layout and connection methods for the planning of large building projects
There are no prerequisite qualifications to commence this course however candidates must have a sound level of English and Mathematics understanding.
It is also recommended that candidates:
- hold, or plan to obtain upon enrollment, a current construction white card (to allow access to site)
- hold a minimum of 4 years construction experience and
- a minimum year 10 education level
- High rise / commercial construction site manager
- Project manager
- Construction manager
- High rise builder
Book a 15-Minute Consultation
Speak to one of our experts, to help you find
the right construction pathway for you!
Discover the pathway that matches your interests and goals, and explore the diverse opportunities available in the construction industry.
Management & Operations
From Estimating to Contracts Administration and Project Management. Learn how to support a construction project from start to finish
Building (All Levels)
Learn how to manage and build construction projects of all types and classes
Work Health Saftey
Lead from the front a learn to manage
Health and Safety at every level
Take the 30-Second
Find the construction training that best suits your career goals.