Low-Rise Builder Course
As a residential or commercial construction site manager, foreman or builder you are the key player in the construction and management of your construction project.
Working closely with your contractors and project management team you are the leader of the front line and the key player in your team’s ability to build a safe, high quality and successful construction project.
Our comprehensive Low-Rise Builder Course will give you the skills needed to excel in the field of residential construction. Learn from experienced instructors, gain hands-on training, and stay up-to-date with cutting-edge tools and techniques. Kick-start your career as a skilled low-rise builder
Is This Pathway For You?
Are you a qualified tradesman looking to take the next step in your career or someone looking to get the skills & confidence necessary to break into construction without taking the typical trade entry route?
If the answer is ‘Yes’, then you could be a candidate for the CPC40120 – Certificate IW in Building & Construction.
- Low Rise Builder
- Commercial construction Low Rise Builder
- Low Rise Site Manager or Foreman
- BSB40120 – Certificate IV of Building & Construction
OUR COURSES ARE RECOGNISED BY
Our Courses are Recognised by
Certificate IV of Building & Construction
This qualification is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to construct low rise residential and commercial construction projects.
Completion of all Core Competency Units contained within this course is the minimum technical requirement for obtaining the ‘QBCC Builder – Low Rise License’ qualification.
Blended learning: online and face-to-face delivery required for training and assessment.
$5,600 (Fee help and funding may be available)
Theoretical assessment done online, with access to worksite resources required for observation assessments.
Site access is determined by the students location and will be confirmed with the RTO prior to enrolment.
Recognition of Prior Learning (Using your current skills and experience)
Core Competency Units:
- CPCCBC4001 – Apply Building Codes & Standards for the Construction Process for Class 1 and 10 Buildings
- CPCCBC4002 – Manage Work Health and Safety In The Building and Construction Workplace
- CPCCBC4007 – Plan Building & Construction Work
- CPCCBC4008 – Conduct on site Supervision of Building & Construction Projects
- CPCCBC4009 – Apply Legal Requirements to Building and Construction Projects
- CPCCBC4010 – Apply Structural Principals to Residential & Commercial Constructions
- CPCCBC4012 – Read & Interpret Plans and Specifications
- CPCCBC4014 – Prepare Simple Building Sketches and Drawings
- CPCCBC4018 – Apply Site Surveys and Set-out Procedures to Building & Construction Projects
- CPCCBC4053 – Apply Building Codes & Standards to the Construction Process for Class 2 to 9 Type C Buildings
- CPCCBC4021 – Minimize Waste on the Building and Construction Site
- CPCCBC4003 – Select, Prepare & Administer a Construction Contract
- CPCCBC4004 – Identify & Produce Estimated Costs for Building & Construction Projects
- CPCCBC4005 – Produce Labour & Material Schedules for Ordering
- CPCCBC4006 – Select, Procure & Store Construction Materials for Building & Construction Projects
- CPCCBC4013 – Prepare and Evaluate Tender Documentation
- BSBPMG422 – Apply Quality management techniques
- BSBPMG426 –Apply Project Risk Management Techniques
- CPCSUS4002 – Use Building Science Principals To Construct Energy Efficient Buildings
There are no prerequisite qualifications to commence this course however candidates must have a sound level of English and Mathematics understanding.
It is also recommended that candidates:
- hold, or plan to obtain upon enrollment, a current construction white card (to allow access to site)
- hold a minimum year 9 education level
Low Rise Builder
Low Rise Builder Supervisor
Project Manager of Medium Rise Construction Projects
Construction Manager of Low Rise Construction Projects
Book a 15-Minute Consultation
Speak to one of our experts, to help you find
the right construction pathway for you!
Discover the pathway that matches your interests and goals, and explore the diverse opportunities available in the construction industry.
Management & Operations
From Estimating to Contracts Administration and Project Management. Learn how to support a construction project from start to finish
Building (All Levels)
Learn how to manage and build construction projects of all types and classes
Work Health Saftey
Lead from the front a learn to manage
Health and Safety at every level
Take the 30-Second
Find the construction training that best suits your career goals.