Diploma of Building & Construction – CPC50220
This qualification is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge to construct medium rise residential and commercial construction projects.
Job opportunities from the Diploma of Building & Construction (Builder) – CPC50220
Medium Rise Builder:
A medium rise builder is a construction worker who specialises in the construction of medium rise buildings. Medium rise builders typically work on projects such as multi-story homes, office buildings, and shopping centres.
Medium Rise Builder Supervisor
A medium rise builder supervisor is responsible for supervising builders and ensuring that the work is completed to a high standard and that all safety regulations are followed.
Construction Project Manager
A construction project manager is responsible for the overall management of medium rise projects. They are responsible for coordinating the work of all the different trades, ensuring that the project stays on schedule, and within budget.
A foreman supervises other construction workers. They are in charge of ensuring that the project is completed to a high level and that all safety rules are followed.
A contracts administrator is responsible for ensuring that all contractual obligations are met, and that the project stays on track.
What is the job outlook for a career in construction?
The job outlook for a career in construction is positive, with the industry expected to grow by 11% over the next ten years. This growth is driven by the increasing population and the need for new infrastructure and buildings.
Tips for getting a job in the construction industry:
- Research the construction industry: It is important to know what the construction industry is all about before you start applying for jobs. Research the different types of jobs available, as well as the skills and experience required for each job.
- Create a strong resume: Be sure to list all of your relevant experience and skills, as well as any education or training you have in the construction field.
- Network: Attend industry events, or reach out to contacts you may have in the construction industry.
- Apply for jobs: Be sure to apply for jobs that match your skills and experience.
- Follow up: This will show them that you are interested in the position and motivated to get the job.
The construction industry offers many opportunities for those who are willing to put in the work. With so many different types of jobs available, there is sure to be one that matches your skills and interests.